All students in Grades TK-12 check-out a district-loaned Chromebook to take home and bring back to school daily. We believe this will help accomplish our district’s mission that every student will graduate ready for college and well-prepared for careers of the future.
Students are currently using Chromebooks daily in the classroom to access textbook materials, collaborate with other students and to complete assignments. Sending the Chromebooks home will create more equitable opportunities for all students as they continue these important tasks away from the classroom.
Students will be issued a Chromebook and are responsible for properly caring for it just as they would a library book or textbook.
Helpful Suggestions to Extend the Life of Your Chromebook
Chromebooks should not be loaned to others nor left unattended
Please report any damage to the school right away
Should a Chromebook become lost or stolen, please report it to the school right away. MVUSD can remotely "lock" the Chromebook so that it cannot be used by anyone.
Chromebooks should be charged each night using the charger provided by the school. Chargers should be left at home.
Although Chromebook content will be filtered and access monitored, students are expected to use the device appropriately by focusing on educational expectations.
Parents/Guardians are encouraged to monitor their student's use of the Chromebook and to support outstanding digital citizenship.
Students should keep passwords secret and not share personal information online.
Please keep food and beverages away from Chromebooks.
Please do not use liquids, chemicals, or abrasives to clean any part of the Chromebooks.
Although students can use Google apps offline, parents may want to look into low-cost internet access. See everyoneon.org for details.
- Why are students taking Chromebooks home?
- What about potential for loss or damage?
- What about theft?
- How will students charge the Chromebook?
- Can't students just use their own device?
- I want my student to keep learning over the summer. Will these devices be available?
- Do students keep the power adapter?
- Do students need WiFi access to use a Chromebook?
- May students personalize their Chromebook with stickers?
- What can families do to make sure students use Chromebooks safely?
- What if I don't have internet or WiFi at home?