Student Board Member
By serving on the School Board, Student Board Member will have the opportunity to further develop competencies in:
• Critical Thinking
These competencies contribute to a graduate portrait of a successful MVUSD graduate who is college, career, and life ready.
Every year, three (3) students from our Moreno Valley Unified School District will be selected to become a member of the Moreno Valley Unified School District Board of Education. The students will serve for one year, between July 1, 2023, and June 30, 2024 and each student Board member will rotate every 4 months. The Student Board Members during their 4-month term shall attend all open Board meetings and Study Sessions, using a schedule developed by the District Office.
Process and Timeline
Students interested in being considered for a student seat on the School Board will complete the application. Schools will submit election results to the Superintendent's Office. Students selected will be confirmed and seated by the School Board for Oath of Office at the September Regular Board of Education Meeting.
The following is the timeline for the selection process for the 2023-2024 school year:
1. Student Applications and 1 minute campaign video (highlights of the written responses from application) are due to their principal or designee by August 18, 2023.
2. School election window from August 22nd through August 23rd.
3. School Principal to email election results to the Superintendent’s Office with all qualifying applications no later than Thursday, August 24, 2023.
4. District Office committee will review applications August 24th through August 25th.
3. Board Members will interview finalists the week of August 28th through September 1st.
4. Selected Student Board Members will be sworn-in at the September 12, 2023, Regular Board of Education Meeting.
The application and attachments for the 2023-2024 school year need to be submitted no later than 4:00 pm on August 24, 2023. If you have any questions, please contact Claudia Jauregui Executive Assistant of Board of Education and Superintendent at firstname.lastname@example.org. No late or incomplete applications will be accepted.