Skip to main content

Moreno Valley Unified School District

Mobile Menu Toggle
Blue background
District Departments » Registration » Registration


Nicole Oliver-Farmer
Registration Manager
(951) 571-7690

Who enrolls?

NEW TO OUR SCHOOL DISTRICT: All students new to the Moreno Valley Unified School District (MVUSD) need to register at the Registration Center.

Students moving from one MVUSD attendance boundary to another MVUSD attendance boundary need to complete a change of address packet at the Registration Center, and are assigned to their new school.

Enrollment into MVUSD is contingent upon a completed Registration Packet and is finalized upon the first day of attendance in the current school year.

Early registration is encouraged. Space is not held for students who do not appear the first day of school.


Where do I go?

Welcome & Registration Center - 23301 Dracaea Avenue, Moreno Valley, CA 92553

The entrance is located on the east side of the building (facing the fields of Moreno Valley High School).

What materials are required and what must I bring with me?

Before a student can register or attend a school in Moreno Valley Unified School District, the following requirements must be met and brought with you at the time of registration:

1. Picture I.D. of The Parent/Legal Guardian

2. Birth Date Verification

  • Original Birth Certificate, or
  • Adoption Papers, or
  • Baptismal Record, or
  • Hospital Birth Record
  • Passport

3. Immunization Record

4. Proof of Residency

Documentation proving current residency within a school’s attendance area must be provided at the time of registration. Acceptable documentation:

  • Gas, water, electric bill (no telephone or cable will be accepted), or
  • Lease agreement or closing escrow papers, or
  • Mortgage statement, or
  • Bank statement, or
  • DPSS statement

The documentation must be dated no later than sixty (60) days prior to registration and must show the parent/guardian’s name and current address in the Moreno Valley Unified School District. If acceptable current proof of residency cannot be shown, a Residency of Affidavit will be required. (Form available upon request).

In lieu of utility bill, we will accept a letter of intent for hook-up services from the gas, water, or electric company with escrow or lease agreements.

5. Signature of Parent/Legal Guardian

6. Physical Exam (required for kindergarten and first grade)

Students enrolling for kindergarten and first grade must show proof of a physical examination.

A copy of the physical exam (showing blood, urine, vision and audiometric testing) is required at the time of registration.

The exam for kindergarten must be dated no earlier than 6 months prior to the first day of attendance at school and, at the time of the exam the child must be at least 4 years and 3 months old.

The exam for first grade, must have been given within 18 months prior to the first day of attendance at school.

New Law (SB 277) Effective in 2016

Governor Brown signed Senate Bill (SB) 277 on June 30, 2015. Starting in 2016, SB 277 will:

  • No longer permit immunization exemptions based on personal beliefs for children in child care and public and private schools;
  • Permit personal belief exemptions submitted before January 1, 2016 to remain valid until a pupil reaches kindergarten or 7th grade;
  • Remove immunization requirements for:
    • Students in home-based private schools
    • Students enrolled in an independent study program who do not receive classroom-based instruction
    • Access to special education and related services specified in an individualized education program

Students in the above categories will still need to provide immunization records to their schools before entry, and schools will still need to report to the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) the immunization status of all students at the existing checkpoints of child care, kindergarten and 7th grade.

  • Allow medical and personal beliefs exemptions from any new immunization requirement initiated by CDPH for attendance at school or child care.

7. Age Requirement for Kindergarten and First Grade

To enroll in kindergarten,a child must be 5 years old on or before midnight September 2, 2016 for the current school year of 2016-2017.

To enroll in first grade,a child must be 6 years old on or before midnight September2, 2016 for the current school year of 2016-2017.

8. Oral Assessment/Dental Check-up

To make sure you child is ready for school, California law, Education Code Section 49452.8, now requires that your child have an oral health assessment by May 31st in Kindergarten. Assessments that have happened within 12 months before your child enters school also meet this requirement. The law specifies that the assessment must be done by a licensed dentist or other licensed or