District Technology Committee
Overview of the District Technology Committee (DTC)
The purpose of the District Technology Committee is to review and discuss how technology can foster academic excellence while preparing students for a collaborative global environment. Each school identifies an educator who will represent their school in the quarterly DTC meetings. DTC will analyze how technology is being used and if it is filling the core values of Information Systems/Technology department:
- To increase student achievement and foster academic excellence through the use of technology.
- To provide and maintain exceptional technology support for staff and students
- To maximize efficiency of business and academic practices through the use of technology
- To increase community and parent communication
- To provide 21st century technology resources that will empower staff and students to participate in global collaborative environment.
- To instill 21st century technology learning skills and digital citizenship
- To implement the finest technology practices while providing on-going professional development.