Measure M Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee
The Moreno Valley School Board voted June 17, 2014, to place a $398 million bond measure on the Nov. 4, 2014 ballot. The community approved Measure M for $398 million to repair existing facilities, as well as construct new facilities for the students of Moreno Valley Unified School District.
Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee
Moreno Valley's Board of Education approved the appointment of the Citizen's Bond (Measure M) Oversight Committee (CBOC) at its April 14, 2015, School Board Meeting.
When terms expire, or when members opt out of service, applications are sought and replacement recommendations are presented to the School Board for appointment.
The purpose of the Measure M Citizen's Oversight Committee is to actively review and report on the proper expenditure of taxpayers' money for school construction on the Measure M Bond projects.
The CBOC started meeting on August 20, 2015, and have continued since then.
Term of Service
|Karen Whitehead||Senior Citizen Group Rep||October 29, 2019||2 YEAR|
|Bianca Gillum||At-Large Community Member||August 6, 2019||2 YEAR|
|Melissa Neri||Parent/Guardian of Child in District & Active in a Parent-Teacher Organization||August 6, 2019||2 YEAR|
|Steve Wallace||Business Rep||January 22, 2019||2 YEAR|
|D. LaDonna Jempson - VICE CHAIR||At-Large Community Member||January 22, 2019||2 YEAR|
|Adam Sinner - CHAIR||Parent/Guardian of Child in District||
1st term: 11/14/17
2nd term: July 21, 2020
2 YEAR (Nov. 2021)
|Kristina Horta||Parent/Guardian of Child in District & Active in a Parent-Teacher Organization||January 21, 2020||2 YEAR|
|LaShonda Tillmon||Taxpayer/Organization Member||
1st term: 11/14/17
2nd term: July 21, 2020
|2 YEAR (Nov. 2021)|
|Virgil Chancy||At-Large Community Member||
January 21, 2020
Citizen’s Bond Oversight Committee (COC)
Meeting No. 18 is scheduled for
Wednesday, April 14, 2021
3:30 - 5:00 p.m.
In light of the current worldwide situation with COVID-19,
meetings will be held virtually, until further notice.
Live streaming at: https://www.mvusd.net/apps/pages/livevideo
We are offering two (2) formats for Public Comments for Item 4 of the Agenda:
(1) Electronic Comments will be accepted from 1-3 p.m.
E-mail comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(2) Verbal Comments will be accepted during the meeting; but prior coordination is required.
Please email Rosalie Martinez, email@example.com, or call 951-571-7683 between 1-3 p.m. the day of the meeting to coordinate. The Zoom Meeting details will be provided to you during this coordination, which will enable you to speak at the meeting during Item 3 of the Agenda.
Open Session: Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee
1. Call to Order
2. Introductions and welcome
3. Public comments on agenda and non-agenda items related to Measure M only
4. Brief overview of projects: Samer Alzubaidi, Director of Facilities
5. Review of the Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee Expenditure Report: Tarana Alam, Key
6. Future Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee meeting date
7. Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee Member questions and comments
8. Meeting adjourned
Tracy Brown - Vice Chair
Pete Serbantes - Chair of the Committee
Keri Then - Vice-Chair, and Chair of the Committee
SELECTION CRITERIA OF CITIZENS' BOND OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
1. Meets Independent Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee Bylaws (that were approved by the District's Board on January 20, 2015)
2. Meets Proposition 39 Member Criteria:
- Member shall be the parent/guardian of child enrolled in the district
- member shall be both a parent/guardian of child enrolled in the district and active in a parent-teacher organization
- Member active in a business organization representing the business community
- Member active in a senior citizens' organization
- Member active in a bona-fide taxpayers association
- Two members of the community-at-large
3. Response is consistent with Oversight Committee 'duties'
- Inform the Public
- Review Expenditures
- Annual Reporting
4. Response is focused on student achievement
5. Response is indicative of support and investment in the community
6. Diversity - representative of at-large geographic area