Measure M Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee
The Moreno Valley School Board voted June 17, 2014, to place a $398 million bond measure on the Nov. 4, 2014 ballot. The community approved Measure M for $398 million to repair existing facilities, as well as construct new facilities for the students of Moreno Valley Unified School District.
Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee
Moreno Valley's Board of Education approved the appointment of the Citizen's Bond (Measure M) Oversight Committee (COC) at its April 14, 2015, Board Meeting.
The purpose of the Measure M Citizen's Oversight Committee is to actively review and report on the proper expenditure of taxpayers' money for school construction on the Measure M Bond projects.
The COC started meeting on August 20, 2015, and have continued since then.
Citizen’s Bond Oversight Committee
Meeting No. 14 is scheduled for
May 23, 2019 from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m.
Moreno Valley Unified School District
BRIDGES LEARNING CENTER
24501 Cactus Avenue (MPR)
Moreno Valley, CA 92553
1) Call to Order: The Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee (CBOC)
2) Introductions and welcome of new members
Jennifer Bell _____ Keri Then _____
LaDonna Jempson _____ LaShonda Tillmon _____
Cristina Sanchez _____ Steve Wallace _____
Adam Sinner _____
3) Public comments on agenda and non-agenda items related to Measure M only
4) Review and approval of meeting minutes from meeting no. 13 held on February 21, 2019
5) Brief overview of projects: Samer Alzubaidi, Director of Facilities
6) Review of the Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee Expenditure Report: Tarana Alam, Key Analytics
7) Future Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee meeting date
8) Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee Member questions and comments
9) Adjourn meeting at ____________ p.m.
Availability of agenda materials: Agenda exhibits and other writings that are disclosable public records distributed to all or a majority of the members of the Citizens’ Oversight Committee in connection with a matter subject to discussion or consideration at an open meeting of the Committee are available for public inspection at the District’s Facilities Office, located at 13911 Perris Boulevard, Building A, Moreno Valley, CA 92553. If such writings are distributed to members of the Committee less than 72 hours prior to the meeting, they wil1 be available at the reception desk of the District Facilities Office during business hours at the same time as they are distributed to the Committee members, except that if such writings are distributed less than one hour prior to, or during, the meeting, they will be available in the meeting room.
Disability-related accommodations: The Citizens’ Oversight Committee meeting room is wheelchair accessible. If you require any special disability-related accommodations (e.g., access to an amplified sound system, etc.) please contact Rosalie Martinez at (951) 571-7690 during business hours, at least twenty-four (24) hours before the scheduled meeting. This agenda may be obtained in alternative format upon written request to Rosalie Martinez in the District Facilities Office, at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to the scheduled meeting.
Interpretation and translation services for all Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee Meetings: Must be requested ten (10) days in advance, prior to a meeting.
Los servicios de interpretación y traducción para las reuniones del Comité de Supervisión de Bonos Ciudadanos se deben solicitar diez dias antes de la reunion.
Term of Service
|Jennifer Bell||Parent/Guardian of Child in District; PTA or School Site Council||December 12, 2017||2 YEAR|
|D. LaDonna Jempson||At-Large Community Member||January 22, 2019||2 YEAR|
|VACANCY||At-Large Community Member||2 YEAR|
|Ross Nakatani||Senior Citizen Group Representative||November 14, 2017||2 YEAR|
|Christina Sanchez||Parent/Guardian of Child in District||November 14, 2017||2 YEAR|
|Adam Sinner - VICE CHAIR||Parent/Guardian of Child in District||November 14, 2017||2 YEAR|
|Keri Then - CHAIR PERSON||Business Representative||Re-appointment August 1, 2017||2 YEAR|
|LaShonda Tillmon||Taxpayer Organization Member||November 14, 2017||2 YEAR|
|Steve Wallace||At-Large Community Member||January 22, 2019||2 YEAR|
Delorise Anderson - 2-year term
Tracy Brown - 2-year term - Vice Chair
Marisela Lopez - 2-year term
Tim Lyons - 2-year term
Pete Serbantes - 2-year term - Chair of the Committee
Kendall Shumway - 2-year term (11/19/15 changed from 1-yr to 2-yr)
Charles Smith - 1-year term
Keri Then - 2-year term
Linda Williams - 2-year term
SELECTION CRITERIA OF CITIZENS' BOND OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
1. Meets Independent Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee Bylaws (that were approved by the District's Board on January 20, 2015)
2. Meets Proposition 39 Member Criteria:
- Member shall be the parent/guardian of child enrolled in the district
- member shall be both a parent/guardian of child enrolled in the district and active in PTA
- Member active in a business organization representing the business community
- Member active in a senior citizens' organization
- Member active in a bona-fide taxpayers association
- Two members of the community-at-large
3. Response is consistent with Oversight Committee 'duties'
- Inform the Public
- Review Expenditures
- Annual Reporting
4. Response is focused on student achievement
5. Response is indicative of support and investment in the community
6. Diversity - representative of at-large geographic area