Information Systems Technology
Romelio Ruiz Community Education Center at 25634 Alessandro Blvd. Moreno Valley Ca. 92553
We believe that effective use of educational technology will help promote lifelong learning and foster academic excellence while preparing students for a collaborative global environment.
- To increase student achievement and foster academic excellence through the use of technology.
- To provide and maintain exceptional technology support for staff and students
- To maximize efficiency of business and academic practices through the use of technology
- To increase community and parent communication
- To provide 21st century technology resources that will empower staff and students to participate in global collaborative environment.
- To instill 21st century technology learning skills and digital citizenship
- To implement the finest technology practices while providing on-going professional development.
The Mission of the Information Systems Department is:
Information Systems / Technology Department empowers students, teachers, administrators and support staff with educational technology tools for learning and working in the 21st Century. Information Systems supports the training, robust infrastructure and technology necessary to accomplish this task.
The Technology Department is responsible for the delivery and management of all District Technology.
- Collaboration with Maintenance and Operations on video network.
- Recommendations for all technology purchasing.
- Support for all District computers and peripherals
- Organization and implementation of District administrative technologies including business, personnel and student system.
- Preparation of all E-rate applications
- Recommendations on emerging technologies
- MVUSD Web Page and Intranet
Our Department focuses on the following goals:
- Increase communications between all facets of the education community
- Increase productivity
- Increase the use of technology in meeting curricular goals
- Increase the use of existing resources
- Increase available resources