Q: Are we returning to in-person instruction?
Yes. The 2021- 2022 school year will return in person instruction. Parents interested in an online or independent study option should consider enrolling to the Moreno Valley Online Academy (MVOA). To inquire, please visit www.mvoa.mvusd.net or call (951) 571-4970.
Q: What should parents do before the first day of school?
Q: Is my student required to be vaccinated for to be on campus?
At this time, students and staff are not required to receive COVID-19 vaccinations. However, the California Department of Public Health continues to encourage those who are eligible to be vaccinated to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Q: Are parents allowed on campus the first day of school to walk their students to their classroom?
Yes. Many of our students have not been on campus before, and they may experience some anxiety. Please remind them of the safety measures in place.
Safety ProtocolsQ: What safety protocols are in place for in-person instruction on campus?
• Temperature screening upon arrival to any campus.
• All students and staff should wear masks when indoors. Exceptions will be made for those with a qualifying medical condition, following a screening process.
• Physical distancing is not required, but is encouraged.
• For indoor spaces, ventilation is optimized with use of air purifiers.
• Our district will continue daily cleaning schedules and regular cleaning of high-touch surfaces.
Transportation and Lunch
Q: What safety protocols are in place for riding the bus?
Students should wear face masks while riding the bus. They will be temperature screened prior to entering the bus. If student(s) exhibit COVID symptoms they will not be allowed to board the bus and will need to be escorted home.
Q: What will lunch look like? Will students eat indoors or outdoors?
All students will have access to a complimentary lunch for the 2021-2022 school year. Students can eat indoors in the MPR, or outdoors in the eating areas.
Q: What is Q ParentConnect?
Q ParentConnection is the parent portal to our student information system. Parents will use their account to update required annual information, view student information, and more.
Q: How do I create an account?
- Visit q.mvusd.net and click “ParentConnection”
- Click on the red area where it says “NEED A PORTAL ACCOUNT? CLICK HERE.”
- Fill in google form. A PIN will then be emailed to you in about 3-5 business days.
- Once you receive your PIN, go back to the Q ParentPortal and enter your PIN and click reset password. Enter an email address to receive a reset link, or in this case, “create,” your password.
Q: How can I receive communications from the school and District?
Log into your Q ParentConnect Portal and access Parent Square. Under “My Account” and “Notification Settings,” click on “Customize Your Settings.” You can choose how to get contacted – phone, text, email and app. Make sure all of your contact info is up to date.
Q: How can I view previously sent communications from the District?
Visit mvusd.net/covid19. Click on “Weekly Updates” to view previously sent messages.
Q: I need tech assistance, who can I contact?
Contact the MVUSD Tech Help Desk at (951) 571-7676 for all technology assistance,
including Chromebook and connectivity issues. We are currently offering extended after hours assistance for back-to-school from 4:30 PM - 7 PM on Monday - Friday. You can also visit http://mvusd.net/TIA
Q: Where can I replace a broken Chromebook?
Drop off the broken Chromebook and charger to the District Office (25634 Alessandro Blvd.) from 8:30 PM - 7 PM on Monday - Friday. We will exchange it for a refurbished one.
For any other questions and information, please contact your school site via phone or email. You can also email District related questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.