Moreno Valley Unified School District's mission is to prepare all students academically and socially to become productive members of society ........  MISION’  “La mision del Distrito Escolar Unificado de Moreno Valley es la de preparar a todos los estudiantes academica y socialmente para que sean miembros productivos de la sociedad.....

Moreno Valley Unified School District

Centralized Registration

Alessandro Administration Center
Centralized Registration Center
23301 Dracaea Avenue Moreno Valley, CA 92553
Sergio San Martin, Director
(951) 571-7690
(next to Park at corner of Dracaea and Frederick)
Open - Monday – Friday, 8am to 4pm
* (closed school holidays and winter recess)

Nicole Oliver-Farmer
Registration Manager

(951) 571-7690 ext. 17693

Student Registration/Enrollment

Who enrolls? 

 All students new to the MVUSD register at Centralized Registration. Also, students moving from one MVUSD attendance boundary to another MVUSD attendance boundary complete a change of address packet and are assigned to their new school. Enrollment into MVUSD is contingent upon a completed Registration Packet and is finalized upon the first day of attendance in the current school year.

Early registration is encouraged. Space is not held for students who do not appear the first day of school.

 When does One-Stop Enrollment occur?  

Registration is open year round except for winter recess.  Pre-Enrollment for new students to attend the
2014-2015 school year begins March 10, 2014. Pre-enrollment packets for the 2014-2015 school year will be available March 10, 2014.  Kindergarten pre-enrollment packets will be available February 3, 2014.  Kindergarten pre-enrollment packets will be accepted as of March 10, 2014

Where do I go?
Alessandro Administration Center  - 23301 Dracaea Avenue Moreno Valley, CA 92553 
Conference Room H-22  The entrance is located on the east side of the building.

What materials must I bring with me?  

Please bring the following required documents:
Before a student can register or attend a school in Moreno Valley 
Unified School District, the following requirements must be met:
  • ·         Picture I.D. of the Parent/Legal Guardian.

  • Birth Date Verification
 Verification of birth date must be provided. Any of the following documents may be used to verify date of birth:

  • Original Birth Certificate
  • Adoption Papers
  • Baptismal Record
  • Hospital Birth Record
  • Notarized Affidavit of Parent/Guardian (form available upon request at Centralized Registration Center)                        

Age Requirement  
  • To enroll in kindergarten, a child must be 5 years old on or before midnight September 2, 2014 for the current school year of 2014-2015.
  • To enroll in first grade, a child must be 6 years old on or before midnight September 2, 2014 for the current school year of 2014-2015.

  • Physical Exam Students enrolling for kindergarten and first grade must show proof of a physical exam.  See form on the Kinder Pre-enrollment screen. 
         A copy of the physical exam (showing blood, urine, vision and audiometric       testing) is required at the time of registration.

        The exam for kindergarten must be dated no earlier than 6 months prior to the first day of attendance at school and, at the time of the exam the child must be at least 4 years and 3 months old.

       To enroll in first grade, the exam must have been given within 18 months prior to the first day of attendance at school.

      Oral Assessment/Dental Check-up
      To make sure you child is ready for school, California law, Education Code Section
      49452.8, now requires that your child have an oral health assessment by May 31st
      in Kindergarten.  Assessments that have happened within 12 months before your
      child enters school also meet this requirement.  The law specifies that the
      assessment must be done by a licensed dentist or other licensed or
      registered dental health professional.

      Proof of Residency
      Documentation proving current residency within a school's attendance area must
      be provided at the time of registration.  Acceptable documentation of residency is a
      current gas, water or electric bill* (no telephone or cable), lease agreement, closing
      escrow papers, credit card statement, DPSS statement or mortgage statement. 
      The documentation must be dated no later than sixty (60) days prior to registration
      and must show the parent/guardian's name and current address in the Moreno
      Valley Unified School District.  If acceptable current proof of residency cannot be
      shown, a notarized Residency Affidavit will be required.  (Form available upon

 *In lieu of a utility bill, we will accept a letter of intent for hook-up services from the gas, water or electric company with escrow or lease agreements.
  • Immunization Record